Sunday, February 9, 2014

Aromatic Shower Disks

Vicks made these shower disks (from Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity) for a short while, and I was enamored with the soothing sensation they evoked. I don't think they make them anymore. After hearing that that they're v. easy to make, I had to give it a whirl. I desperately miss the eucalyptus steam room from the gym, so I needed a little something to make up for it.



You can use whatever essential oils you like, but I highly recommend eucalyptus, tea tree oil, and/or rosemary. Even if you're not sick, they are refreshing and rejuvenating. Just plunk them in the shower, and they'll melt away down the drain. You could probably also use them in the bathtub. And since they're made with baking soda, water, and essential oils, you don't have to worry about sending toxic pollutants into the water system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...