Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Snowshoeing in Cherokee Marsh

I finally bought a pair of snowshoes. B. was kind enough to help me strap myself in and then join me in an hour-long trek through Cherokee Marsh. It was a gorgeous, sunny day for it, and we definitely logged a workout. (When we were ready to turn around, we were both tired and ready for a snowmobile to pick us up, but we persevered and tromped back. There was a shortcut involved. ;)) My legs and bum hurt days later.

A cute close-up




Infinity in the snow
We went out on the ice, which was exhilarating. Some other explorers had made infinity symbols in the snow, so we used their tracks. There are also some cool houses back there.


I am totally Randy from A Christmas Story (but I can put my arms down).

Pretty reeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...