Monday, March 29, 2010

Working Stiff

As some of you know, I've had a few jobs in my tenure on the planet. For kicks, I thought I'd assemble a comprehensive list.

-apple orchard employee (Kaste’s)
-pizza maker/convenience store employee (Budget Mart: twice)
-sales associate (Naturalizer)
-boat cleaner
-wholesale spice packager (Wildwood)
-library assistant
-tutor (TRIO)
-AASPIRE intern (EOC)
-assistant director/video editor/production assistant (MCC-12)
-assistant archivist (WCFTR)
-notetaker (ASM and McBurney)
-prep cook/office assistant (Trempealeau Hotel)
-PR/advertising rep. (Aging and Disability Resource Center)
-map organizer (map library)
-deli worker (grocery store)
-house cleaner
-gardener
-office assistant (Trempealeau Family Chiropractic)
-bread peddler (Whole Foods)
-car hop
-baker (Renaissance Bakery)
-tractor cleaner
-assistant for program introducing high school students to campus
-editor (WHS and CE Publishing)

Tell me about your wackiest jobs.

2 comments:

  1. I set up tables and chairs for Monday night Bingo at Holy Name Church in Racine, WI. The room always had a dense cloud of cigarette smoke after Bingo night. It was really disgusting--especially seeing people with respirators and other obvious health problems going in there. I got paid $20 cash every week--2 fives and 10 ones straight from the collection basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to think of something more whacky than 911, but it pretty much takes the cake.........

    My friend & I had our own biz in Milwaukee during college - we were Handy Ma'am. We did everything from catering parties to pet sitting to gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...