Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Knights who say Knee

Since my knees have been aching, I've been exercising less. I'm doing the R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) regimen and will see a Sports Medicine person next week. It's very challenging to rest all the time. I mean, as a general rule, I begrudgingly go to the gym, but exercise does make me feel better and relieves stress.

Since I'm kind of laid up, you'd think I'd have lots of time to write in my blog. Alas, that does not seem to be the case. Well, I guess I have the time; I just haven't been devoting it to writing. I have been reading a fair number of books, though. Let's see. Jeffrey Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides, Laura Esquivel's Swift as Desire, Janet Fitch's Paint It Black, and Dai Sijie's Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress. And now I need a new book. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I love Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress and The Virgin Suicides was my favorite as a wayward teen. How about The Namesake? I haven't seen the movie that was made based on it, but I really loved that book. I mostly read non-fiction these days, so I am a bit of a dullard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outlander series is a must! Also, any news about the knees?

    ReplyDelete

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...