Monday, March 1, 2010

The Day Off and Harbingers of Spring

Today, I took the day off. I didn't do anything terrifically exciting, but it was wonderful to do whatever I wanted and get a few basic things done. I slept late, then had breakfast and went to yoga at noon. At class, I met a new friend from Rome, and since I had planned to go for a hike in the arboretum after class, I invited her to join me. We grabbed lunch at Cargo Coffee and reminisced about various travels. (We were also hit on by a guy at the table behind us. He asked if he could take us bowling sometime. Yes, bowling. It was very odd.) Then it was off to Trader Joe's to get groceries. After putting away my groceries, I sat in the eucalyptus steam room at the gym and then picked up a few items at Target.

On the way home, I saw a gorgeous, gorgeous moon. It looked a bit like a mottled blood orange hanging in the sky. I'm choosing to interpret the beautiful moon as a harbinger of spring. I am so very glad that it is finally March. I know I'm supposed to appreciate all of the seasons, but the Wisconsin winter wears me out. By February and March, I am desperate for heat and sunshine and open water and green things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...