Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kansas trial

Although I'm sure most of you have heard about this case (http://bit.ly/cQYxzA), I still want to mention it for those who haven't. I feel that the judge made the right decision in not allowing the jury to consider voluntary manslaughter or second-degree murder. In permitting a lesser sentence, he would have set a dangerous legal precedent for similar cases. In fact, some anti-abortion activists, including Operation Rescue founder Randall Terry, were advocating a justifiable homicide defense. This decision strongly supports women's control over their reproductive health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...