Friday, May 10, 2019

Real Kitchens

I was going to take a photo of my maddeningly cluttered kitchen counter top for this snapshot/post, but I gave up. This speaks to a larger issue in my life. I've tired of putting things away (laundry, dishes) and documenting every bloody thing with images, videos, and text (that is, blogging, as we know it). Those activities, in and of themselves, are not cumbersome or annoying or time-consuming; when it comes to messing around with putting away schtuff or taking time to find the perfect filter or light for an image, you've lost me. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but words are, and always have been, powerful. I'm going back to getting words on the page. Period.

Close your eyes. Imagine what a real (amateur/"self-taught") cook's kitchen, with very limited counter space, looks like. You're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...