Monday, October 10, 2011

Fighting Bob Fest + Willy St. Fair

Bernie Sanders
In mid-September, a few of us hopped on over to Fighting Bob Fest at the Alliant Energy Center. We had great seats to hear Cornel West, Bernie Sanders, Thomas Hartmann, and Greg Palast speak.

Cornel West
Later that day, we moseyed around the Willy St. Fair eating, listening to music, and meeting some extraordinary stilt walkers from the World Music Festival.

Dragons and dragonflies at the Willy St. Fair


After hearing rave reviews, I tried the pork curry from The Corner Store's stand. My assessment: just ok. Although it was billed as pork curry, I was hoping that it would also boast some veggies. I hoped in vain. It consisted solely of large chunks of meat in a diluted curry sauce. And instead of brown or jasmine rice, plain white rice was the base. It was a little disappointing, but I might try again, just to be sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...