Saturday, August 31, 2013

Marquette Waterfront Festival + Ivory Room + Tornado







Sorry I'm so laggardly in posting this. The Marquette Waterfront Festival was one of the first festivals of the season, and I thought I'd posted about it. Alas, the other day, I found this half-complete post hunkered down in my drafts folder. Eh. It happens. My favorite band that day was The Pimps of Joytime from Brooklyn; they evoked Prince and Sly and the Family Stone.




Later that evening, I met up with Jim and Mike at the Rainbow Room, then headed to the Ivory Room piano bar sans Mike. The evening culminated in me volunteering to drive Mr. J. home, so he wouldn't have to take a cab. What I didn't realize that the drive home would also include a stop at the Tornado for a steak sandwich--Jim's idea, not mine. I stuck with water; it was too late in the evening for me to venture into steak land.


At the Ivory Room Piano Bar





No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...