Thursday, June 13, 2013

Piggies

Sardines with fennel + orange 

At Pig in a Fur Coat, Teresa and I had sardines with fennel and orange on whole wheat crostini, dates stuffed with chorizo and piquillo peppers and topped with a red pepper puree, and lamb carpaccio with pea shoots, egg yolk, and herbs. The dates were my favorite. I wasn't sure about the combination of dates and red pepper. I was worried it'd be too much sweet for me, but I was pleasantly surprised. The spiciness of the chorizo and peppers cut the sweetness of the dates.

Dates stuffed with chorizo and piquillo peppers
My least favorite was the lamb carpaccio. It was stringy and not terribly appetizing.

Lamb carpaccio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...