Friday, October 26, 2012

Summer Recap



J.D. prepping our picnic at APT

I love the above pic of J.D. I know he doesn't like having his picture taken, but I have to make this exception. Look at his adorable little smile.

APT



at Pewitt's Nest
Early garden
I'm also going to take this opportunity to record the varieties that I'd like to try again next year and the ones that I'll skip. (This is so I remember, so pay no attention to me as I employ my blog as my personal gardening journal.)

liked:
  • Mexico Midget (tomatoes)
  • Tommy Toe (toms)
  • Nyagous (toms)
  • broccoli, premium crop
  • Brussels sprouts, organic national pickling
  • cilantro, organic og
  • kale, lacinato
didn't really dig:
  • Rosso Sicilian (toms)
  • Amish Paste (toms)
  • Red Brandywine (toms)
  • WI 55 (toms)
  • carrot, dragon purple
  • cucumber, organic national pickling
  • French green beans
  • lettuce (various types)
  • watermelon
  • spinach
  • radishes

Crazy-large moth in my beans

Cucumbers from the garden

at the Terrace

at East Side Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...