Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Noshing in Phoenix

Mmm...pho

Fair readers: I have been neglecting you. I'm so sorry. What can I say? It's summer.

These picks are from a few of the places I ate during my last visit to Phoenix in May...I think.



For pho, the place we went (and usually go to) is called Khai Hoan at 1537 Apache Boulevard in Tempe. They don't have a website, but you can find it reviewed online or just pop over for some amazing pho and spring rolls if you ever happen to be in the neighborhood.


Amazingly fresh spring rolls

Khai Hoan is in the same strip mall as Haji-Baba (1513 Apache Blvd.), a great Middle Eastern place. During my visit, we also hit Haji-Baba for their wonderful chicken schwarma salad, dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), tabbouleh, hummus, and falafel.

Group at Geisha a Go-Go

Another highlight was the sea salt chocolate chip cookie at La Grande Orange (LGO). Generously topped with fleur de sel, the cookie was decadently fabulous. I'm not generally a dessert person, but I would go back there, just for that cookie. In their bakery, they also have the most incredible English muffins I've ever encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...