Friday, May 18, 2012

Seed Madness

Several weeks ago, I raided Farm and Fleet's seeds aisle. In a frenzy of greed, I picked out seeds for flowers, herbs, and veggies, despite the knowledge that a friend was diligently growing seedlings for me. In my defense, the ones I chose were not being grown by my pal. Spring time just made me itchy to grow stuff.

Lina Sisco's bird egg bean seeds
I've managed to start and plant a handful of these, but it's definitely a work in progress. All of my garden bounty will be confined to pots and containers in deference to my batshit crazy neighbor. (That's another story.)
Flowers
Only some sunflowers and dianthus in the flower group have made it into the front bed, but I hope to do more this weekend.

More bean seeds

Herbies + greens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...