Thursday, September 1, 2011

La Fete de Marquette

In early July, a bunch of us hit La Fete de Marquette to celebrate French culture and music. Held at the corner of South Dickinson and East Washington, the free festival benefited the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center. Despite the oppressive heat, I donned my stripey green halter dress, drank beer, and even burned up the dance floor a bit. I was very sweaty and a bit dehydrated by the time we left. (As most of you know, I imbibe so much that bottled water could easily bankrupt my retirement fund. Because I go through so much plastic, I also feel like I'm personally responsible for heightening our petroleum dependence. Next year, I vote for a drinking fountain somewhere where I can at least refill a purchased bottle.) The music was impressively good, and we were surprised that the stage was so large. I had fun and met some new people.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...