Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Lombardino's with Laura



I'm still playing catch-up from fall. These pics are from a dinner at Lombardino's with Ms. L. For my taste, the tricolore salad would've been better without the bleu cheese, but that makes sense because it's not my favorite. It was grand, however, to have more exotic greens: radicchio, frisée, and escarole.

tricolore salad



As always, I adored their signature pizza (arugula, prosciutto de Parma, roasted, + olive oil). It just doesn't get any better than that.

Lombardino's signature pizza

Sautéed mushrooms
Our contorni (veggie side) was sauteed mushrooms. Apart from the chiles, I can't remember what other herbs were included, but it was a marvelous combo. I think it helped that they were sautéed in a generous amount of butter or olive oil.


L. opted for a creamy scallop penne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...