Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sona + Aaron over for din-din

Making peanut sauce in mini processor
I couldn't find the original recipe I used for this spicy Thai stir-fry, but here are a few similar ones from Bon Appetit and Food and Wine:
  • http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/panang-tofu-curry
  • http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/thai-style-tofu-and-vegetables


Broccoli + garlic
As usual, I omitted any sugars (e.g., brown sugar, honey, agave). I also used broccoli and carrots instead of the veggies outlined in the above recipes. I wish I could find the recipe for the peanut sauce. The one I used was made with roasted, salted peanuts instead of peanut butter like the one from Cookie and Kate below. (And if I had used the latter, I would've opted for crunchy.) I also used Sriracha sauce, but I could've thrown in some red pepper flakes.

Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • ¼ cup reduced sodium tamari
  • 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar, to taste)
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 tablespoons water

The finished product







Swiss, peanuts, and dark chocolate with hazelnuts for dessert



The kids at the table

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...