Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Milwaukee



In January, I visited some friends in Milwaukee.


Lunch at Lulu's

Soon after arriving, we walked over to Lulu's for lunch. And then we went shopping. At Goldi in Shorewood, I found the lovely Pikolinos boots in the first picture. I also snagged some new Danskos.

That evening, we stayed in, ordered pizza from Mama De Marini's on Wentworth, and cackled away at Eddie Izzard's stand-up.

Baked oatmeal

The next morning, Andy and Elise made baked oatmeal for us. I'm not sure what recipe they used, but here's a similar one from bakedbree.com. I think it originated from Heidi Swanson's Super Natural Every Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...