Thursday, July 14, 2011

Springing into Summer

It was still a bit chilly when we hit the Terrace for the first time this summer (thus, the sweater), but I was still ready and willing to bask in the outdoors.
One of the summer's first trips to the Terrace
Early in the spring, we stumbled on Gallery Night. We saw a glassblowing demonstration at Studio Paran, took in some cool art, grazed on appetizers, ran into John Nichols, and stopped into the Ohio Tavern for a drink. (I probably won't return. It was a bit sketchy for my taste.) 
The classy dispenser in the Ohio Tavern's potty

Glassblowing at Studio Paran

Glassblowing at Studio Paran
In May, we walked up to Monona Terrace and went to the Great Dane for brunch.
In Great Dane's beer garden

A few other shots from the spring:

A spontaneous Happy Hour at the Orpheum with colleagues
.
Mara and Owen visited from the Cities

Sweet Gracie underneath my drying 'brellie




When it was finally warm enough, we had a simple picnic by the lake with BLTs, wine, and salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette












No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...