Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Crustless Rainbow Chard and Cheese Quiche

I just pulled a crustless rainbow chard and cheese quiche out of the oven. (This is what I did in lieu of going to the gym tonight. Well, that and wrestle with Sprint over a new phone and plan.) It's beautifully browned on the top and smells heavenly. You can find the recipe here: http://collardgreenblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/crustless-rainbow-chard-quiche.html.

Last week, I tried carrot tops in soup, and it was unpleasant. They tasted...well, how you'd imagine carrot tops to taste: grassy and bitter and like something that you'd only eat if the rest of your crops had been destroyed in a plague of locusts or you live in a cold, god-forsaken part of the world (Mount Horeb in February?) or the fief of the feudal estate you call home demanded more of your meager agricultural output, pushing you and your family to the edge of starvation. Yeah. That's how they taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...