Monday, March 19, 2012

Nile Restaurant



I know I'm a little pokey getting to this place, but it's a major enterprise for me to traverse to the west side. So here's my take on it:

The service is attentive without being cloying. The decor is simple with Egyptian hints in the wall embroidery, a camel light that will be mine--oh yes, it will be mine, and pretty red embroidered tablecloths. I started with the satisfying Egyptian split pea soup, which was dusted with Nile's own spice blend. Next came the best falafel I've had in awhile. It was flavorful and fragrant, not greasy and tasteless like some others. (I will be discreet and not name names, but you who you are.) The tabbouleh contained cucumbers, tomatoes, and green peppers and the creamy hummus had just enough olive oil. The sandwich was wrapped in what resembles a tortilla, but was a bit more substantial, like a very thin flatbread. In short, I will return.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...