Sunday, February 16, 2014

Takumi with Ms. Laura

After a failed attempt to hit JCPenney's optical center, Laura and I decided to indulge in Takumi. I've blogged about this place before, but I still can't get over how great the food is and how affordable the prices. Don't be deterred by the fact that it's plunked in a strip mall out by the mall. Inside, it's tastefully decorated, and you'll feel right at home.

Who are those gorgeous grrrrls?
Laura started with fried tofu, and I started with a warming miso soup. We both had cups of their green tea, which is so unusual. It's unlike any green tea I've had before in that it has a sort of toasted barley taste to it. It's a wonderful addition. Next time, I'll ask the waitress or waiter about it.

Seaweed salad
I really need to learn how to make seaweed salad. Do you need fresh seaweed? And what type? Must do some research. It seems rather simple once you have the right ingredients, but perhaps it's deceptively complex. Dunno.

Spicy tuna roll
 My spicy tuna roll has a marvelous slight crispness to the tuna that was marvelous.

Dragon roll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Failure: Roasted Green Tomatoes

This soup was an utter failure.  I roasted a bunch of green tomatoes, thinking I could salvage them from the fall garden. I'd make roast...